Listen on: iTunes | Google Play | Acast | Stitcher | Pocket Cast | Overcast | PodBean | Soundcloud
Devon & Sarah assemble like the fucking Avengers to discuss yesterday’s late-breaking news that Trump fired FBI Director (the head of the investigation into Trump/Russia collusion in the 2016 election). Gas lighting has jumped the damn shark.
Please take a moment to take our survey.
- From Clinton emails to alleged Russian meddling in election: The events leading up to Comey’s firing by Julie Tate and Julie Vitkovaskaya (WaPo)
- Jeff Sessions Says He Would Recuse Himself from Any Investigations into Hillary Clinton by Time Staff (Time)
- James Comey’s Testimony on Huma Abedin Forwarding Emails Was Inaccurate by Peter Elkind (ProPublica)
- F.B.I. Director James Comey Is Fired by Trump by Michael D. Shear and Matt Apuzzo (NYTimes)
- Behind Comey’s firing: An enraged Trump, fuming about Russia by Josh Dawsey (Politico)
- President Trump fires FBI Director Comey by Devlin Barrett, Adam Entous, and Philip Rucker (WaPo)
- Justice Department was told to come up with reasons to fire Comey, reports say by Jacob Pramuk (CNBC)
- FBI agents in tears as news of Comey’s firing spreads by Josh Meyer and Darren Samuelsohn (Politico)
- CNN exclusive: Grand jury subpoenas issued in FBI’s Russia investigation by Evan Perez, Shimon Prokupecz, and Pamela Brown (CNN)
- First on CNN: Senate Russia investigators ask Treasury for Trump team financial information by Tom LoBianco (CNN)
- Trump Hires Law Firm to Fight Suggestions of Russia Business Ties by Phil Helsel (NBC News)
- Graham: ‘I want to know more about Trump’s business dealings’ by Manu Raju and Tom LoBianco (CNN)
- Days Before Firing, Comey Asked for More Resources for Russia Inquiry by Matthew Rosenberg and Matt Apuzzo (NYTimes)
- Absolutely nothing about James Comey’s firing passes the smell test – LA Times Editorial Board
- Trump’s Firing of Comey Is All About the Russia Inquiry – New York Times Editorial Board
- Why the Comey firing could be Trump’s Watergate moment by Yochi Dreazen and Zack Beauchamp (Vox)
Breaking: Jake Tapper is Chuck Todd. pic.twitter.com/M9WEbY5XVG
— southpaw (@nycsouthpaw) May 9, 2017
Looking forward to Chuck Todd wondering if Sally Yates was over-prepared.
— Sarah Lerner (@SarahLerner) May 8, 2017
But does anyone seriously believe @realDonaldTrump fired the top person investigating his ties to Russia because he was unfair to Hillary?
— Elizabeth Warren (@SenWarren) May 9, 2017
Nixon had to go through three AGs to fire the man investigating Watergate. POTUS should not be allowed to fire the man investigating him.
— Richard W. Painter (@RWPUSA) May 9, 2017
This isn't a president abusing his power. This is a president actively obstructing justice.
— Jared Yates Sexton (@JYSexton) May 9, 2017
You know your life has taken a sharp turn for the worse when you're being subtweeted by the Richard Nixon Library. https://t.co/vtYKLQ6kR2
— Devon Handy (@DevonHandy) May 10, 2017
We are in a full-fledged constitutional crisis.
— Brian Schatz (@brianschatz) May 9, 2017
An incredibly ominous sign, no matter your view of Comey. He investigated + was removed by Sessions, who is implicated in interference case. https://t.co/zNgMqkCnus
— Sarah Kendzior (@sarahkendzior) May 9, 2017
We'll soon find out if we also have a compromised congress, in addition to a scandalized White House. 1/
— Joy Reid (@JoyAnnReid) May 9, 2017
Dir. Comey has been more forthcoming w/ information than any FBI Director I can recall in my tenure on the congressional intel committees.
— Richard Burr (@SenatorBurr) May 9, 2017
Dems call for special prosecutor –> pic.twitter.com/lorbaMW668
— Katy Tur (@KatyTurNBC) May 9, 2017
— POLITICO (@politico) May 10, 2017
The sheer spinelessness of GOP lawmakers is staggering. It's no wonder Trump stomped the entire field of establishment Republicans. #COMEY
— Peter Daou (@peterdaou) May 10, 2017
The dominoes are still falling from her last comments.
Never interrupt your adversaries when they're imploding all on their own. https://t.co/7LlY9VgstH
— Al Giordano (@AlGiordano) May 10, 2017
EVERYONE who cares about independence & rule of law in America should be "troubled by the timing and reasoning" of Comey firing. Period. https://t.co/nAFX0OnuvH
— Preet Bharara (@PreetBharara) May 10, 2017
We are about to see a river of leaks from career prosecutors and agents who are horrified by what the president has done. https://t.co/nSmeTZHEMA
— Matthew Miller (@matthewamiller) May 10, 2017