Listen on: iTunes | Google Play | Spotify | Acast | Stitcher | Pocket Cast | Overcast | PodBean | Soundcloud | audioBoom
Devon and special guest host, Julie Baluits (@resisterhood), discuss DACA, Nancy Pelosi and the Charlottesville to DC March.
Devon also sits down with Lauren Duca to talk about gaslighting, Silicon Valley oligarchy and dealing with online harassment. And shoes, because we can all like more than one thing at a time.
Please take a moment to take our survey.
- Trump Moves to End DACA and Calls on Congress to Act by Michael D. Shear and Julie Hirschefeld Davis (NYTimes)
- Trump’s too cowardly to announce his own shameful plan to punish 800,000 children by Oliver Willis (Shareblue)
- Memorandum on Rescission Of Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals (DACA) – Department of Homeland Security
- The Trump Administration Now Has Tons Of DACA Data And Is Poised To Weaponize It by Betsy Woodruff (Daily Beast)
- The Daily 202: DACA decision highlights chasm between Trump’s compassionate rhetoric and reality by James Hohmann (WaPo)
- Trump: I’ll ‘revisit’ DACA if Congress can’t fix in 6 months by Sophie Tatum (CNN)
- Follow Julie @resisterhood
- Follow @LaurenDuca
- Thigh High Politics on Teen Vogue by Lauren Duca
Gratitude Check Links
- Trump’s Art of the Deal? Not so much by Jonathan Swan (Axios)
- Trump sides with Democrats in debt limit, funding, Harvey deal by Rachael Bade, Burgess Everett, and Josh Dawsey (Politico)
- Women are making the best rock music today. Here are the band that prove it.
by Joe Coscarelli, Caryn Ganz, Jon Caramanica, and Jon Pareles/Produced by Antonio De Luca, Alicia DeSantis, and Umi Syam (NYTimes)
- Rock’s Not Dead, It’s Ruled by Women: The Round-Table Conversation by Joe Coscarelli (NYTimes)
- Club Jager exit fund – GoFundMe
- Dream Act Tool Kit – dreamacttoolkit.org
- How to find help if you’re a ‘Dreamer’ by Sonali Kohli (LA Times)
- Charlottesville to DC | March to Confront White Supremacy – YouCaring.com
Please share this important resource guide with anyone impacted by #DACA.
Dreamers: You need to renew your work permit by October 5. pic.twitter.com/O9d5ZEmnSC
— Raymond Braun (@raymondbraun) September 5, 2017
Hellion of the Week
- States file lawsuit challenging Trump decision on Dreamers by Mica Rosenberg (Reuters)
- Melissa Taylor & Erica Rosenthal! Y’all rock! (See video below)
— #RadicalCivility ?? (@TylerChuck3) September 8, 2017
@hellbentpod So happy to hear that IL (my state) won "Hellion of the Week"! Also, thx for all the substantive info you provide on the pod.
— Colleen Fleming (@colleenfleming) September 1, 2017
— Jennifer Wilson (@THATMOMx4) September 2, 2017
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) September 5, 2017
Sessions isn't taking questions, but here are some details from the DHS press call earlier:
— Vivian Yee (@VivianHYee) September 5, 2017