Listen on: iTunes | Google Play | Acast | Stitcher | Pocket Cast | Overcast | PodBean | Soundcloud
Devon and Sarah discuss the GOP’s health care bill that the Senate is trying to push through without adequate input or debate, a Civil Rights Commission that is investigating the Trump administration, Trump enriching himself via the presidency, and more about the widening net of the Trump Russia investigation, headed by special counsel Robert Mueller. They also award the Donald Trump Dishonor in Dickwaddery.
Please take a moment to take our survey.
Don’t forget! We have swag in our shop, and you can support us on Patreon. For $5/mo you get access to EXCLUSIVE updates, announcements, behind the scenes looks and special mini podcasts!
- GOP Senators Still Frustrated With Obamacare Repeal Bill, Still Doing Nothing About It by Jonathan Cohn (HuffPost)
- 3 GOP senators could force the open health care debate they claim to want by Sarah Kliff (Vox)
- We asked 8 Senate Republicans to explain what their health bill is trying to do by Tara Golshan, Dylan Scott, and Jeff Stein (Vox)
- Democrats to step up attacks on GOP’s Obamacare repeal effort by Burgess Everett (Politico)
- Civil Rights Commission Will Launch Two-Year Probe of Trump Administration by Safia Samee Ali (NBC News)
- Trump financial disclosures show Mar-a-Lago business boom by Julie Bykowicz and Stephen Braun (AP News)
- Pence hires outside counsel to deal with Russia probe inquiries by Ashley Parker (WaPo)
- Special counsel is investigating Jared Kushner’s business dealings by Sari Horwitz, Matt Zapotosky, and Adam Entous (WaPo)
- Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein acknowledges he may need to recuse himself from Russia probe, sources say by Mike Levine and Pierre Thomas (ABC News)
- ‘Oh boy this is weird’: Chris Wallace shreds Trump lawyer for both confirming and denying investigation by David Edwards (RawStory)
- First on CNN: House Russia investigators want to bring in Trump digital director by Tom LoBianco (CNN)
Gratitude Check Links
- WNBA team launches ‘first of its kind’ partnership with Planned Parenthood by Lindsay Gibbs (ThinkProgress)
- Johns Hopkins researchers say they’ve unlocked key to cancer metastasis and how to slow it by Carrie Wells (Baltimore Sun)
- An outdoor clothing brand mockingly fixed GQ’s sexist fall photoshoot by Selina Cheng (Quartz)
- Little Girl Adorably Mistakes A Bride For A Princess From Her Favorite Book by Brittany Wong (HuffPost)
- Teacher’s photo showing LGBT pride next to Trump goes viral – AP News
Donald Trump Dishonor in Dickwaddery Links
- Morning Digest: Canova, pushing conspiracies about Seth Rich, seeks rematch with Wasserman Schultz by Daily Kos Elections (Daily Kos)
- Five Lingering Issues in the Latest Tim Canova vs. Debbie Wasserman Schultz Race by Jerry Iannelli (Miami New Times)
- A lawmaker beheads a chicken on Facebook Live to promote his anti-abortion bill by Artemis Moshtaghian (CNN)
Caitlyn Jenner on congressional baseball tragedy: "Liberals can't even shoot straight" https://t.co/uCwAk2NqUS by @emilyjashinsky pic.twitter.com/R4raszJzYy
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 17, 2017
Philando Castile & Charleena Lyles
- 18 Of The Most Profound Tweets In Reaction To The Philando Castile Verdict by Zahara Hill (HuffPost)
- The Philando Castile Verdict Was a Miscarriage of Justice by David French (National Review)
- Minnesota Officer Acquitted in Killing of Philando Castile by Mitch Smith (NYTimes)
- ‘Get back! Get back!’: Seattle police release recordings of fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles by Scott Greenstone, Steve Miletich, and Mike Carter (Seattle Times) – Ed. note: please be advised that this article includes very disturbing audio of the shooting of Charleena Lyles
Extol #PhilandoCastile's virtues, but know: Even if he didn't serve children, even if he didn't love his family, he should STILL be alive. pic.twitter.com/meQW721Tz3
— The King Center (@TheKingCenter) June 16, 2017
1,155 people killed by police in 2016
13 cases where officer was charged
ZERO convicted to datehttps://t.co/vqURbJHXRj #PhilandoCastile
— Samuel Sinyangwe (@samswey) June 16, 2017
Woohoo! Such a GREAT interview with @sarahkendzior. I'm going to listen to that one again! Thank you, friends!
— ??? ?? ℕ????? ?? (@kitmcc) June 17, 2017
@hellbentpod Interview with @sarahkendzior on yesterday's episode was pure ???. I feel smarter by osmosis.
— Lindsay (@lindsayrhino) June 16, 2017
OMG! You ladies were serious when you said you were aiming high with the interviews!! Squeeeeeeeing about @sarahkendzior!!!!
— Roopa Nalam, MD, PhD (@pharmphreshMD) June 15, 2017
.@hellbentpod re:int in hobbies post elect: I used to constantly design and make things, quilts mainly. Zero interest or energy now.
— JMstar (@j_meaks) June 16, 2017
Used to listen to 20+ tech podcasts, now it's 20+ politics & 3 tech ones. Still interested, but not as much.
— Bryn Behrenshausen (@brynbehr) June 15, 2017
Donate to the Philando Castile Scholarship Fund: https://t.co/cGgbnSGLIp
— joe mande (@JoeMande) June 16, 2017
In the wake of #PhilandoCastile ruling, I recommend https://t.co/q6f3jYNydc. 20 states are considering legislation around police violence. pic.twitter.com/2DUZRKb7x4
— Sarah Lerner (@SarahLerner) June 16, 2017