Listen on: iTunes | Google Play | Acast | Stitcher | Pocket Cast | Overcast | PodBean | Soundcloud
Devon and Sarah discuss the erosion of civil rights, Trump trying to get rid of birth control mandates in the Affordable Care Act, and more Russia Investigation updates. They also chat with Julie Balutis, a long time Democratic Party volunteer and community organizer. They award the Maxine Waters Award in Badassery to a Hellion who was recently elected to local office.
Please take a moment to take our survey.
- German-Soviet Nonaggression Pact – History Channel
- Trump administration plans to minimize civil rights efforts in agencies by Juliet Eilperin, Emma Brown,
and Darryl Fears (WaPo)
- DeVos Pick to Head Civil Rights Office Once Said She Faced Discrimination for Being White by Annie Waldman (ProPublica)
- Leaked regulation: Trump plans to roll back Obamacare birth control mandate by Dylan Scott (Vox)
- e Trump moves to allow broad exemption from ACA birth-control coverage by Juliet Eilperin (WaPo)
- Trump administration moves to return Russian compounds in Maryland and New York by Karen DeYoung and Adam Entous (WaPo)
- First on CNN: Sources: Congress investigating another possible Sessions-Kislyak meeting by Jim Sciutto,
Jamie Gangel, Shimon Prokupecz, and Marshall Cohen (CNN)
- First on CNN: Senators asked Comey to investigate AG Jeff Sessions for possible perjury by Ted Barrett and Tom LoBianco (CNN)
- Did Trump, Kushner, Sessions Have An Undisclosed Meeting With Russian? by Ken Dilanian (NBC News)
- Sources: Russians discussed potentially ‘derogatory’ information about Trump and associates during campaign by Pamela Brown, Jim Sciutto, and Dana Bash (CNN)
- Congress expands Russia investigation to include Trump’s personal attorney by Brian Ross and Matthew Mosk (ABC News)
- Investigation Turns to Kushner’s Motives in Meeting With a Putin Ally by Matthew Rosenberg, Mark Mazzetti, and Maggie Haberman (NYTimes)
- House intelligence panel subpoenas Flynn, Cohen; seeks ‘unmasking’ docs by Tom LoBianco, Jeremy Herb, and Deirdre Walsh (CNN)
- House Intelligence Panel Issues Seven Subpoenas as Russia Probe Ramps Up by Byron Tau and Shane Harris (WSJ)
- Source: Comey to testify publicly about Trump confrontations by Eric Lichtblau (CNN)
- Comey to Testify That Trump Asked Him to Back Off Flynn Investigation by Del Quentin Wilber (WSJ)
- The government is spying on journalists to find leakers by John Crudele (New York Post)
- Follow Julie @resisterhood on Twitter
- Keep your eye on TheResisterhood.com!
Gratitude Check Links
- Baltimore mayor eyes removal of Confederate monuments by Saba Hamedy (CNN)
- GOP Illinois Governor Will Sign Automatic Voter Registration After Vetoing It Last Year by Sam Levine (HuffPost)
- Three women make long shot bid to flip NJ39 from red to blue by Steve Janoski (North Jersey by The Record)
- White House Insists “Covfefe” is Real – And Trump Insiders Know What it Means by Abigail Tracy (Vanity Fair)
- A women’s movement grows in ‘the most Trumpian place in America’
by Elizabeth Flock (PBS News Hour)
People in covfefe houses shouldn't throw covfefe. https://t.co/M7oK5Z6qwF
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) June 1, 2017
Maxine Waters Update & The Maxine Waters Award in Badassery
- Texas Republican Called ICE on SB 4 Protesters, Threatened to Shoot Colleague by Gus Bova, Sam DeGrave, and Kolten Parker (Texas Observer)
- Seattle Dad Raises More Than $40,000 to Pay Student Lunch Debt by Agnes Constante (NBC News)
- Solon elects Lauren Whitehead to City Council – The Gazette
- Indivisible Score First Win in Iowa with City Council Victory – Iowa Starting Line
"You all should be ashamed of yourselves!"
This nine-year-old lectured Texas lawmakers about the anti-sanctuary city SB4 law. pic.twitter.com/7chPYHiBcv
— AJ+ (@ajplus) May 30, 2017
— AM Joy w/Joy Reid (@amjoyshow) May 28, 2017
— Maxine Waters (@RepMaxineWaters) May 26, 2017
@hellbentpod Love the podcast a LOT, but am I crazy or did you say in Ep 32 that Germany and Russia were allies in WWII?
— JennyKno (@JennyKno) May 30, 2017
Make no mistake: this is a rollback on civil rights across the board. https://t.co/ZdGBoEVCkd
— Vanita Gupta (@vanitaguptaCR) May 30, 2017
National Women’s Law Center commits to filing lawsuit against birth control rule we reported on today. pic.twitter.com/0RK351T4fu
— Sarah Kliff (@sarahkliff) May 31, 2017
— Russia in USA ?? (@RusEmbUSA) May 23, 2017
BREAKING: AP source _ Ex-National Security Adviser Flynn will provide some documents under subpoena to Senate intelligence panel.
— AP Politics (@AP_Politics) May 30, 2017
Clinton at @Recode: Russian hackers not versed enough in US politics to sway 2016 — "Unless they had been guided…guided by Americans."
— Ruby Cramer (@rubycramer) May 31, 2017