Listen on: iTunes | Google Play | Acast | Stitcher | Pocket Cast | Overcast | PodBean | Soundcloud
Devon and Sarah discuss ordering Trump’s drunk ass a Lyft home to New York forever, dictatorship-esque tendencies, EPA’s literal nonsense in response to removing climate change data from their website, and the New York Times’ latest round of bullshit. They “award” the Donald Trump Dishonor in Dickwaddery.
Thank you to our new $10+/mo supporters: Katie O’Connor, Andrea Hidalgo, Kristin Coleen, Elizabeth Haner, Joyce Angelos, Rachel Bost, Maria Soriano, Courtine Weber, Randall Jadulang, Maryrose DeGroot, Cynthia Breckenridge, Rachel Linthwaite, Vishaal Pegany, & Tanya Rojas
Please take a moment to take our survey. If you provide your email address, we will enter you into a raffle and at the end of the month we will pick a random survey taker and send them a free Hellbent logo T-shirt!
- Trump rallies his base on his 100th day by Caroline Kenny (CNN)
- Donald Trump reads sinister poem about snake biting its host – and dedicates it to anti-immigration police by Samuel Osborne (Independent)
- Trump’s totally bizarre claim about avoiding the Civil War by Aaron Blake (WaPo)
- Donald Trump stops interview after being confronted about his Obama wiretap claims by Rachael Revesz (Independent)
- Deal on Government Funding Reached, Averting Shutdown by Leigh Ann Caldwell, Kasie Hunt, and Frank Thorp V (NBC News)
- Trump Invites Rodrigo Duterte to the White House by Mark Landler (NYT)
- Trump Floats Idea of “Breaking Up” the Court Ruling Against Him Like an Old Fashioned Dictator by Elliot Hannon (Slate)
- White House Has ‘Looked At’ Changing Libel Laws, Reince Priebus Says by Ted Johnson (Variety)
- UK was given details of alleged contacts between Trump campaign and Moscow by Julian Borger (The Guardian)
- EPA website removes climate science site from public view after two decades by Chris Mooney and Juliet Eilperin (WaPo)
- Political Diversity is a Cop-out for Overpaid Media Men by Leah Finnegan (The Outline)
- Men Invent, Women Transcribe by David Leonhardt (NYT)
- The Best of Bret Stephens, Your Newest New York Times Opinion Columnist by Hamilton Nolan (Fusion)
Gratitude Check Links
- Iconic Ruth Bader Ginsburg Carries An ‘I Dissent’ Tote With Her Own Likeness by Jenna Amatulli (HuffPo)
- Patagonia threatens to sue Trump over national monuments order by Brooke Seipel (The Hill)
- Record-breaking Black Friday Sales to Benefit the Planet by Rose Marcario (Patagonia Blog)
- Teen Vogue Makes It Official, Appoints Elaine Welteroth Editor in Chief by Alexandra Steigrad (Women’s Wear Daily)
- Hasan Minhaj’s 8 best jokes at the White House correspondents’ dinner Mic
- The Best Jokes From Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner by Jesse David Fox (Vulture)
- Va. Gov. McAuliffe says he has broken U.S. record for restoring voting rights by Laura Vozzella (WaPo)
- Nebraska gov rejects restoring felon voting rights by Reid Wilson (The Hill)
- Female dragonflies fake sudden death to avoid male advances by Sandrine Ceurstemont (New Scientist)
— Dave Itzkoff (@ditzkoff) April 30, 2017
Donald Trump Dishonor in Dickwaddery Links
- Attention Liberals: The NY Times Isn’t Your Ally by Oliver Willis (Oliver Willis)
- Yale Republicans taunt hunger-striking union workers with a barbecue by Ian Milhiser (Think Progress)
- Two members of alt-right accused of making white supremacist hand signs in White House after receiving press passes by Emily Shugerman (Independent)
- The Republican Lawmaker Who Secretly Created Reddit’s Women-Hating ‘Red Pill’ by Bonnie Bacarisse (Daily Beast)
These 2 look classy enough to qualify for a free lifetime membership to Mar-A-Lago.https://t.co/PTinqPnu1k
— Devon Handy (@DevonHandy) May 1, 2017
? This is a red alert: PENCE is calling moderates and telling them they have the votes. Only a TIDAL WAVE of calls tomorrow can stop them. ?
— Topher Spiro (@TopherSpiro) April 30, 2017
Much of Trump's agenda in Congress has been blocked these past 100 days. But his agenda has moved forward through state legislatures.
— Samuel Sinyangwe (@samswey) April 30, 2017
@hellbentpod has given me the courage to confidently speak out on politics and challenge mansplainers.
— Emily (@Therosyone) April 28, 2017
— ?Sparkle ?Muffin? (@SimpleWonders82) April 28, 2017
consider adding to your swag for sale, a magnetic bumpersticker
— pre-existing dem (@absinthe) April 28, 2017
At what point when there's Nazis in your rally does it become a Nazi rally? https://t.co/bXcgNh4AmG
— Samuel Sinyangwe (@samswey) April 30, 2017
Dear Every Journalist, stop using "populist" to mean "appeals to racists" and stop using "ordinary people" to mean "white people".
— Britain Forsyth (@britainforsyth) April 24, 2017
This is not politics. It's something between entertainment, emotional release and ethnonationalistic civic religion. https://t.co/3P9JgpeWIw
— Joy Reid (@JoyAnnReid) April 30, 2017
Trump got a crowd to cheer that they are losing healthcare & are paying for a wall that was previously told Mexico would pay for.
— Tony Posnanski (@tonyposnanski) April 30, 2017
— Sarah H. Sanders (@SHSanders45) April 30, 2017
Both this tweet (from official WH staffer) and the act it's depicting (cabinet secretary electioneering) are obvious Hatch Act violations. https://t.co/IiOmHt4Pf8
— Matt McDermott (@mattmfm) April 30, 2017
Per senior congressional aide, budget deal keeps 99% of EPA funding
— Ben Jacobs (@Bencjacobs) May 1, 2017
— Peter Alexander (@PeterAlexander) May 1, 2017
Trump on whether Russia interfered in the 16 elections (to CBS): "Could've been China, could've been a lot of different groups."
— Sam Stein (@samstein) April 30, 2017
There's nothing conservative (or liberal) about the Stephens column. The issue is about evidence vs. bullshit. He doesn't know his subject. https://t.co/r4OuPDlVcI
— Nate Silver (@NateSilver538) April 30, 2017
The right exploits liberals' absurd devotion to fair play in order to expand the bounds of acceptable ideas. Liberals fall for it constantly
— Apocalyptica (@ApocalypticaNow) April 30, 2017
When Erica Alexander said "with all due respect to Flotus, when they go low, bury them." YES. YES.
— Reagan Gomez (@ReaganGomez) April 30, 2017
— (((JonathanWeisman))) (@jonathanweisman) April 29, 2017
— Max Boot (@MaxBoot) April 29, 2017
All critiques are more than welcome. Cancelling your subscription to the paper of record or calling for a firing is something else entirely. https://t.co/J07YwsZaGW
— Dylan Byers (@DylanByers) April 30, 2017
No one is required to subscribe to your goddamn newspaper. If people don't like the content you offer, they tell you so with their wallets.
— Imani Gandy o—€ (@AngryBlackLady) April 30, 2017
101 days in & this is the @nytimes headline on Trump? Good lord.
— Sarah Lerner (@SarahLerner) April 30, 2017
OMFG. Trump has not changed. He has not changed in 40 years. Trump got sidelined by checks and balances and is now trying to bulldoze them. https://t.co/F2D7bHLXon
— Sarah Kendzior (@sarahkendzior) April 30, 2017
Think of never having hired a woman of color as a columnist but feeling like putting this on your page is progress pic.twitter.com/QYMx3wD1Ii
— Jack Mirkinson (@jackmirkinson) April 28, 2017