Listen on: iTunes | Google Play | Spotify | Acast | Stitcher | Pocket Cast | Overcast | PodBean | Soundcloud | audioBoom
Devon and Sarah discuss North Korea, the humanitarian crisis in Puerto Rico, and professional athlete’s protests against police brutality and systemic racism that. They also award TWO Dickwads of the Week.
Please take a moment to take our survey.
- Hot, isolated, and running out of supplies, parts of Puerto Rico near desperation
by Samantha Schmidt and Joel Achenbach (Chicago Tribune)
- Trump issues new travel ban restricting entry from 8 countries by Jack Date and Lauren Pearle (ABC News)
- U.S.-North Korea Discord Goes Beyond Discourse To A Show Of Military Force by Amy Held (NPR)
- China urges restraint amid war of words between Trump and North Korea by Ben Blanchard and Christine Kim (Reuters)
- NFL players reject Trump’s intimidation tactics, expand anthem protest (UPDATES) by Judd Legum (ThinkProgress)
- Fatal Force: Police Brutality in the United States – Washington Post
- What the Data Really Says About Police and Racial Bias by Kia Makarechi (Vanity Fair)
- Here’s How You Can Help People In Puerto Rico
by Jennifer Bendery (HuffPost)
- UNICEF USA
- Puerto Rico & Caribbean Hurricane Relief Fund – Global Giving
- United for Puerto Rico
- Students with Puerto Rico
- “Unidos”: A Hurricane Relief Fund for Hurricane Maria Victims in Puerto Rico
Dickwad of the Week
- The Trump Administration Has Revoked A Federal Directive On Campus Rape by Molly Hensley-Clancy and Tyler Kingkade (BuzzFeed News)
- Price’s private-jet travel breaks precedent by Dan Diamond and Rachana Pradhan (Politico)
- l How Tom Price decided chartered, private jets were a good use of taxpayer money by Aaron C. Davis (WaPo)
— Mandah Lee ☂️ (@MandahLee_Blue) September 23, 2017
— Janet (@THEsisterjanet) September 22, 2017
The kneeling was about police violence and other forms of systemic racism. Trump clearly wants it to be about him, for a number of reasons.
— Jamil Smith (@JamilSmith) September 24, 2017
Just heard Foreign Minister of North Korea speak at U.N. If he echoes thoughts of Little Rocket Man, they won't be around much longer!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 24, 2017